Sunday, May 18, 2008

Work Experience

This week I am going for work experience with the Navy Photographers on the base. I think they have a few things lined up for me. Monday morning will involve a portrait shoot, I don't think that I'll be too involved there. But, I will be getting a 2 part assignment. Part 1 is taking the photos (hopefully with one of their new Canon 1Ds cameras :) ), part 2 is processing. The Navy have strict guidelines for taking, and storing photos. They also use Adobe Photoshop CS3 and Adobe Raw, so at least I'll be ahead when it comes to those 2 applications.

Anyway, the point of the assignment is obviously to assess my ability to work within a time frame and my photographic ability. I guess all the usual things like compositon, exposure, etc.

I also have to provide a portfolio... putting that together was interesting. I like shooting landscapes and inanimate objects, so trying to get a bit of diversity in my portfolio is harder than it sounds.

Oh well, here goes... wish me luck!

No comments: