Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Day 1:

When I first got my D40x, I didn't have a clue what I was doing. I didn't understand composition, depth of field, shadows, leading lines, the rule of thirds... nothing. It was safe to say that with my lack of knoweledge in those areas, I had a lot to learn about aperture, shutter speed, metering, white balance and all of the other things that make for good photos.

It's been an awesome journey from connecting my lens to my camera for the first time to now, and I still don't know all of those things. I still have SO MUCH to learn. So many areas of photography that I have yet to explore. So far to go. But I love learning this stuff. I've learnt so much from the work forum and from my Father-in-law, Robert.

Robert is a constant wall that I bounce ideas and problems off. Not because he always knows the answer, but he will nearly always help me come to a solution. He has been a great friend and has helped me through much more than just my photos.

And I can't forget my beautiful wife Chantelle. What can I say. At 7 1/2 months pregnant, she puts up with me darting out "because the sky looks awesome", or heading out at 5am for a sunrise. She is 100% behind me trying to become a photographer in the Navy. I'm so lucky to have her in my life. She works so hard at work and then when she comes home has to do everything here because I'm playing with photos on the PC or searching the net for por... inspiration. haha (joke). She's the greatest.


Here's my awesome efforts from the start.





Geeezus these are not good....

No comments: